Tuesday 1 December 2015

Journey's end

I spent today in a daze. The seasickness tablets did work, but they also made me into a zombie. But we had a nice morning in our cabin - breakfast brought to us as part of our room package, then Kevin and Jemima doing lots of playing while I looked vacantly out of the window, then went for a manicure Kevin had booked for me as a present (it was farcical how long it took me to choose a colour in that state). I don't think the night helped: Jemima slept the sleep of the dead, while Kevin and I were kept awake by the pitching and tossing - for a big boat, it didn't half roll around. 

Then lunch, a trip to the play area for Jemima and Kevin while I did some more vacant staring, extra playing back in the room, then it was time to disembark - all fairly painless, and definitely better once the seasickness pills started to wear off and I could function again. 

Then the final drive. All ok, Kevin doing a brilliant job of the driving as usual. After a quick dinner stop, we headed off on the final leg. Jemima asked, "Mummy, are we really going to Horringer?". And the answer was YES! We finally got home at about 8pm, and it was great. Jemima ran around the house, thoroughly excited by the space and seeing her toys again. And I felt a bit like that too. It's been a brilliant adventure, definitely to be repeated, but there's no place like home.

One final post to come: our adventure overview. But before then, some thank yous: to my parents for looking after our dog Rocky; and Dawn, Trevor and Richard for looking after our house. Sorry the leaks always happen when we're away... Thank you all, we couldn't have gone away without your help!

Morning from our window:


Breakfast in our cabin:



England!:


Portsmouth to Bury St Edmunds:


No comments:

Post a Comment