Tuesday 1 December 2015

Our adventure: a final overview

- 59 days, 38 different sleeping places (plus the ferry), 19 nights free (the rest a mixture of Aires and campsites).

- 4015 miles driven in 112 hours (all except 15 minutes by Kevin). And we never got overtaken by another motorhome...

- £632 on diesel (it's c.35% cheaper), 22.6mpg, and an average speed of 35mph.

- c 60GB of data used; 3 series of Deadwood, 1 series of the Office, and 3 series of Sons of Anarchy watched (plus 4 Octonauts and 2 Bing DVDs, repeatedly).

- 1 safari, 2 aquaria, 2 cathedrals, 4 museums, 5 monuments, and many beaches, Old Towns, and menus del dia.  Plus more bread and ham than you can imagine.

Things I won't miss:
- mosquitos and mossie bites;
- Jemima screaming blue murder while I try to wash her.

Things I am looking forward to:
- seeing friends and family (of course);
- yoga classes;
- cooking in a full size kitchen (roast chicken here I come!);
- Radio 2 and Strictly;
- my bath.

Things I will miss:
- the sense of shared purpose that we have had: Kevin and I worked well as a team with our various tasks, and it was wonderful exploring and wandering together;
- yoga outside, especially when it was warmer and my toes weren't frozen;
- the possibility for adventure and discovery: every day (or as often as you want), something new! But comfort and convenience while you're doing it. The joy of a motorhome;
- and of course, the sunshine. And all the things you can do in the sunshine (eat outside, play on the beach, swim in the sea). Lovely.

The blog is both something I will miss, and not miss. It's been really fun to do, the most creative thing I've done in years, and has also provided a filter through which I have viewed our experiences, which has been interesting. But it has taken up a lot of my (limited) free time in the evenings (sorry I haven't always been good at responding to comments, I can only plead lack of time...) However, it will be a fantastic record for us in the future. And for those that have come on our journey with us, I hope you've enjoyed it. We have.


No comments:

Post a Comment