Friday 18 March 2016

Beatrix pottering redux

"I love the motorhome!", says Jemima as we set off. Well that's good, because after three and a half months of house-living, we're back in Beatrix. And Jemima is not the only jolly one - we all feel good to be on the road again. 

Differences to the last trip:

- Italy rather than France and Spain, for six weeks rather than two months;

- a lot less stuff packed in Beatrix - and Kevin has had sole control of the rear garage, which has made him happy (I've had the other lockers which works well for me too);

- and most noticeably, we are not heading off into the unknown: Beatrix, and how we live and travel in her, is reassuringly familiar. So despite the inevitable packing palaver, I am significantly less stressed than this time last trip. Even to the point that I have no idea where we're stopping tonight, or even how we're planning to get to Italy: Kevin has promised Jemima we'll make a snowman so it will be via the Alps somehow. And I'm not worried! The marvels of having a moveable home: adventure for Kevin, security for me, and hopefully both for Jemima.

And it's lovely to be blogging again.

Settling back into our usual places:




2 comments:

  1. Have an awesome time :D

    Looking forward to more literary masterpieces of Family frolics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay guys have a wonderful time! xxxx

    ReplyDelete