Wednesday 28 March 2018

The Last Lunch

Not literally, our last lunch - we go home three weeks today. But I am off to the UK for a few days, then Jemima breaks up, so it was mine and Kevin's Last Lunch of our wonderful, peaceful Mallorcan weekdays.

We'd had another very good run that morning - 28 minutes, and a faster pace still. Probably because of Kevin's new gear - he tried out all his running accoutrements from our Decathlon stop on Saturday, and they all worked very well, especially his new 20km/hr trainers. It was a really beautiful day - it feels like the weather has turned a corner now, and although the wind is still fresh, bordering on the chilly, the sun has real heat in it. Spring has definitely sprung!

I wanted to make the most of the sunshine, so suggested lunch outside, at the Lebanese restaurant we'd yet to try in the marina (I'd seen yesterday a sign for a menú del día, which makes a marina weekday lunch slightly more financially appealing). I realised, as we went back to the marina for the second time that day, how often we actually go there - three times a week for run, then probably three times more for meals/ coffee/ drinks/ ice-creams. It's definitely been an advantage of having our building, with its direct access.

Sadly when we got down there, the Lebanese was closed. So we went to Cappuccino instead. We got a prime spot at the front, and people-watched while we ate - you get a fascinating array of human life parading before you, including a lot of people who just spend a long time getting ready to go out... Kevin had prawn red curry, I had salmon and avocado sushi rolls, and they were both good; but the bill was three times a Chameli's lunch, and it's not three times as good. It was lovely being outside though.

Another normal Monday evening, and then Tuesday saw me getting ready to go to the UK for a few days. Jemima's last day of term is Wednesday, so after dropping her off I went to the supermarket to sort out some thank you/ goodbye presents for her main teachers, then dropped them off at school. And then it was packing before Kevin gave me a lift to the airport. 

The weather was even better - no chilly wind today, so it felt even more spring-like. (Sunrise this morning was glorious, and the sea from our window this morning was mirror flat, with little patches of darker colour where there was a light breeze - very beautiful. Kevin and I agree, we don't look at our view that often (we're not actually in the flat that much), but when we do, it is wonderful.) Anyway, I am leaving sunny Mallorca for rainy Manchester for a few days (I'm going to my great-aunt's funeral in Stafford, where my dad's family are from). Ah well, it, and my lovely little family, will be waiting for me when I get back...

Cappuccino in the sun 



The Runner



Mum's away, so its marshmallows in bed...



L to R: My great-uncle Roger, my great-aunt Cicely (whose funeral it was), my grandmother Helen, and my grandfather John



No comments:

Post a Comment