Tuesday 27 February 2018

Home

When the plane landed in Palma on Monday afternoon, I felt like I'd come home. Partly, obviously, because this is our temporary home; but also (as I told Jemima later) my home is wherever she and Kevin are. And it was a lovely feeling.

It had been a great few days. I'd had an inspiring, fascinating and exhausting four full days of my life coach training. I'd had a lovely time staying with my mum and dad (thank you for all the food and lifts - some things never change...) And around that I'd seen the apartment they're moving to shortly (Wednesday night); been out to a very busy Wagamama with my fellow coaching students (Friday night); had a lovely, if slightly sad Pizza Express trip with my parents and sister Tara on Saturday night after they'd had to put the ill and aged family dog to sleep (we'll miss you Nellie!); and then a non-stop chatting visit to the local Thai with my old friend Philly on the Sunday night. 

And while I was away, Kevin and Jemima had been having a great time: staying in bed all morning, eating marshmallows for breakfast - you know, all the fun stuff. The Council shut off the water to the school on Thursday (roadworks) so Kevin had an extra day to entertain Jemima that included fideuà from the menú at Chameli's, which she enjoyed; then on Friday evening Uncle Ady (Kevin's brother) flew in. 

There followed an action-packed weekend. Valldemossa, our Ermita, Deia - Jemima apparently led them on an lengthy walking/scooting adventure, which included drinking from a mountain stream. On Sunday it was Palma, including a fortuitous meeting with a little boy from Jemima's class (Alejandro) at lunch - a restaurant by the marina with a kids area. A lot of fun was had by all. And then Monday, it was all over: back to school for Jemima; back to England for Uncle Ady; and back home for me.

The sun was shining when we landed and I didn't need my coat (unlike snowy, freezing-cold London); and I just made it to school in time for the 4pm pick-up, rendez-vous-ing with Kevin there. And, "Miss Oliver, Miss Oliver, Mummy's back!". We were very pleased to see each other (although I know she barely noticed I was gone).

Home to drop the bags, then off to Chameli's for shared pizza and steak, before putting my beloved daughter to bed and cuddling up with my beloved husband, knackered but happy. It was good to be home.



My wonderful fellow students (L-R, Sam, Tash and Helene)



Love you Nellie



Gatwick in the snow



Chameli's menú for Jemima



Valldemossa









Jemima being photographer



Lunch and playing on the Paseo Maritimo







No comments:

Post a Comment