Thursday 8 February 2018

Last hurrah

The sun finally returned for the last day of Granny and Grandpa's visit. They took Jemima to school, then their plan was to explore Palma - I was very keen they did, because they love a Cathedral, and this is a good one.

Kevin and I did our usual morning work/ run combo (the scheduled runs are getting longer and slightly harder work now). Then we had toyed with the idea of a little walk, but after the run neither of us were feeling that energetic. So instead we had a little drive around the nearby south-west coast.

First to Santa Ponça, where Kevin showed me what he'd discovered (including an extremely nice house we can't afford - it had workmen in, so seeing us lurking they offered to show us around - lovely house, phenomenal view...). Second, Peguera, with a nice big, easily accessible beach. And then finally the Costa de la Calma, a quieter residential area (as the name suggests). A diverting little potter.

And then it was lunchtime: off to Chameli's for a final meal with mum and dad. They had had a great time in Palma, and dad took some very good photos in the Cathedral (he deserves some photo credits for the previous few blog pages too, actually). 

As it was a special occasion, Kevin and I both went off-piste and ordered the non-menú del día dishes we've been eyeing up for a while: the giant Chameli's burger for Kevin, and linguine alla vongole for me. Mum and Dad stuck with the menú and a cannelloni bean and beef cheek stew. The stew was a big hit; Kevin enjoyed his burger; and as for me: the smell of garlic hit me as my vongole arrived, so I knew I wouldn't be able to breathe near Kevin for at least two days after this (he is hyper-sensitive to garlic). But it was worth it - DELICIOUS.

After school pick-up, Granny and Grandpa took Jemima back to the hotel for a final play. She has so loved having them here, but it's probably a good thing she can have a quiet few days now - it's been a very busy time, and she is getting pretty overtired. So it was a very early night for her, and much blog-catching up for me. What a lovely visit, and how great to be able to share the joys of Mallorca. I think my parents are now converts too.

Dad's photos of Palma Cathedral









The rose window!





A postcard dad kindly bought me of what the "double rose" would have looked like...



Peguera beach



No comments:

Post a Comment