Saturday 9 April 2016

A rainy lazy day

Today unrolled in a very similar manner to yesterday, albeit in the rain rather than windy sun - the miserable weather has returned, as expected. Another lovely breakfast (although Jemima spurned the promised baked beans sadly as they weren't quite the Heinz version, although I enjoyed them...); more Kids' Club amusement ("I must to stay; you must to go"); another swim, including a family trip to the (deserted) thalassotherapy pools, which was great fun in the rain; lunch; an afternoon's rest; an atmospheric cycle under the starry sky to dinner (the sky finally cleared late afternoon); and then of course my (final!) bath.

But two small divergences: I had a wonderful yoga class first thing (one to one, as no-one else turned up, which was great for me); and we did manage to get Jemima to nap, so Kevin and I had a lovely afternoon lounge in our room rather than the spa (book 1 of Inspector Montalbano for me, continuing my foray into Italian/ Sicilian books of different eras; Boardwalk Empire for Kevin). This allowed Jemima (and us) a slightly more leisurely dinner without her falling asleep at the table (excellent pizza for Jemima and I; spectacular salt-baked cod for Kevin).

Tomorrow, both the good weather and Beatrix are making a come back. So, after this lazy, food-filled hiatus, the adventure will continue. Bring it on.

Congratulations to the Bull family on the arrival of baby Jesse!:


Jemima driving the golf buggy in the rain:


Jemima at dinner:



 
 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment